Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In Love with Jaden!

The new Spring Knitty is up! And I've fallen in love. . . . . . . with Jaden!

Isn't this just gorgeous! I'm already thinking of knitting it (just as soon as I get my shrug finished!) and I can't wait to see it on Ravelry (it's only a matter of time I'm sure). I love the design of this. The neckline is especially drawing me to it and the pattern under the bodice. I'm not sure if I would add long sleeves though. I prefer short sleeves, and what with spring and summer on it's way, I'd get more wear out it if the sleeves were short I think.

Now I just need to think of a yummy yarn and color that would be just right. Any suggestions?


9 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

beautiful, sorry no suggestions but thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I know nothing about summer yarns. But I did just buy some really pretty Rowan Wool/Cotton. It's dk weight. What did they use here?

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Yeah. Super choice for Texas climate. IMHO it usually is best to use the yarn the designer used (or of similar content). This is because the fabric drape, tension, etc. work well with the design. That being said I've substitute with some success but don't as a rule.

Ann said...

I like it too! In fact, I was just thinking of knitting it as a vest without the sleeves. I will use mercerised cotton as it will show off the lace nicely. By the way, I just noticed your new mast head - it's so nice - the different knitting textures & the psalm - all coming together very well.

a friend to knit with said...

it is soooo cute!
i didn't know that the sping knitty was up! thank you!
hmmm. thinking of yarn suggestions.

Anonymous said...

great minds think alike! i just added jaden to my cue as well... i'm considering Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold (good for spring/fall) but don't know if that would be too warm for your climate...

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favourites too. In fact, I like loads from the latest Knitty. I think it's one of the best yet.

Ally Jay said...

I agree with you that the neckline is especially appealing. i would want to add a little length to it for personal taste. I love that colour too.

Ally Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.