Friday, March 14, 2008

Call Me Impatient!

Seriously . . . Impatient should be my middle name, if I actually had one that is, which I don't - but you can call me it anyway ;-)

Yesterday I was chomping at the bit to get out to my LYS and look for some mercerized cotton for Jaden. After careful consideration and much help from the owner Pat, I came home with some pretty pink cotton. I've never heard of the brand before, the label says 'Butterfly' Mercerized Cotton and it also has some Greek looking word on it!

Both these pictures seem to show two different shades. It's hard to say what color it is exactly, it looks pink, but in a certain light it looks like a soft pinky coral color too - either way I like it.

I went for a fresh spring look for the color because I'll be hoping to wear it as soon as I get it done. As much as I like the color used in the original it seems more like a Fall color for me. The thought of knitting one in a similar earthy tone for Fall, with the long sleeves is rather appealing.

For now though, I cast on and after just 5 rows of the pattern I'm confused :-( I've emailed a 'friend' hoping she can shed some light on my confusion!

I'm nearly finished the shrug so I will knuckle down and get that off the needles before I worry too much more about Jaden. Ooooh but I can't wait to get going on it. I hope others on Ravelry knit it soon, so I can see how their's look.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to see the shrug done. I love the pattern. Let's see if you can exercise more restraint than I can in with the new yarn/startitis thing!

Anonymous said...

That's such a pretty pink; I think Jaden will look lovely done in it. I am also anxious to see the the shrug. have a great weekend!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That is such a pretty color - it makes me want to knit something in pink too! Hope your friend can shed light on the pattern confusion - I know others will be casting on soon so if there are confusing parts it will come to light quickly! You might check to see if a KAL is forming.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I just went to our favorite LYS today, and I saw the Butterfly cotton. It is beautiful. So is your camisole. Wow, you must be fast. Your knitting is beautiful. Will be anxious to see how this comes out!!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

How pretty! Have you worked with mercerized cotton before? I've only used it once for a Baby Tart hat.

This looks lovely... looking forward to the FO! :-)

Ann said...

Oh - the cotton looks nice & the color is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it knitted up.

Ally Jay said...

That looks like just the right colour. The cotton should give it a lovely drape too.