Wednesday, March 5, 2008

C'est Fini!

I finished the Surplice Bodice Camisole :-) I'm so pleased with myself! It's been a while since I've made myself anything to wear (that I actually want to wear!). And I actually like how it looks on me.

Right now I'm trying to block the cami. I say "try to" because like my gauge, it's something I don't often do! Actually I've only ever done it once before, and I don't think I did it right that time.

I've read up on how to do it this time, and I've pinned out the top on some towels (as you can see above). Then I wet it thoroughly using a spray bottle. Now I guess I just have to wait until it's completely dry? Am I doing this right?

Hopefully over the weekend I can get some pics of me modeling it. The neckline is rather revealing so I will be wearing a tank/cami underneath. The nice thing about this, is you can change the color of your tank to match what else you're wearing. Right now I have a brown tank, but I think cream will look nice too. I can't wait to thread the ribbon through, because I think that really sets it off.


Hmmm! What shall I knit myself next? There are so many great projects on Ravelry I'm spoilt for choice. I'm thinking of something that will be nice for the summer that I can through on top of sleeveless dresses or cami's, something like a shrug or just a nice sweater/cardigan. There's just so much choice.

Yesterday I cast on for some more socks. . . . . more about those next time ;-)


9 comments:

The Knitting Blog by Mr Puffy the Dog said...

It's lovely. So pretty all done and waiting to have it's ribbon added. Look forward to the modeled shots!

kim said...

Oh, it looks so pretty! I can't wait to see you model it.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ooooh I can't wait to see it on you! It looks good so far.

Sounds to me like you're blocking right.

Julie said...

Your cami is beautiful - well done! Love the color too!
Tootles. xx

Ann said...

It looks so lovely & I love the color - can't wait to see it on you!

peaknits said...

Love it, so pretty and elegant - I can't wait to see it with the ribbon and hear what you think of it on! Gorgeous!

Amanda said...

It's really nice to see a pretty, summery top. It's very elegant too. Well done!

Lisa said...

ooohhh...looks so good. Look forward to seeing a modeled shot.

tiennie said...

This looks very pretty!