Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yarn Along!

DSCF4631

I wanted to join in with Yarn Along last week but never got around to it. Then I saw Northern Knitters post and that reminded me again to get out my camera. I know I just shared pics of McCafferty yesterday but I thought I’d take another photo today next to the book I’ve been reading. I actually just finished this book by Jodi Picoult. We read it for our January book club meeting that I hosted at my house last Thursday.

I thought it rather fitting that the book jacket matched the yarn I was using for McCafferty, which by the way is Knit Picks Palette. The color is ‘Fawn’, although it looks more like a soft burnt orange to me.  The book was a good read, about a young Amish girl accused of murdering her newborn! Made for a rather interesting book club discussion.

Ginny at Small Things is also having a giveaway with this week’s Yarn Along. If you hurry you might still have time to enter!

13 comments:

Nadja said...

Your knitting is absolutely beautiful!

Sue said...

It looks so pretty!

CelticCastOn said...

What a great idea! I loooooove Amish fiction but I haven't read this one yet. Adding to my list of must reads :)

Sam said...

It's a pretty colour - I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful shawl. And the book looks interesting :) Had to add it to my to read list.

lily said...

ooh! looking lovely! can't wait to see it finished!

Charity said...

I've never been in a book club - they always sound so interesting! The shawl is lovely!

Catherine said...

Thanks for the book recommendation - I shall certainly look for that title!

xC

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I lived in an area with Amish and visited a working community/farm ~ so interesting. We all wish for a simpler life but few have that dicipline.

I'm reading Cutting for Stone and am enjoying it so far :)

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

I read Plain Truth with my sisters in our own little version of a book club. Very interesting!

Your knitting is fabulous! What a pretty shade of yarn, though from here it looks more like apricot than fawn or burnt orange - lol!

Aussie Maria said...

Trawling through blog-land and came upon yours.
The shawl is beautiful and I have only recently finished reading Plain Truth, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I see there is many more projects to enjoy, so off to read more
Thank you

kim said...

Loving the colour co-ordination you have going on there, beautiful knitting.

Because of problems with someone who reads my blog I've had to change my url address.
http://two-pairs-of-socks-and-an-apron.blogspot.com

Hope you still visit,
florrie x

Unknown said...

I read this book a long long time ago. Good story.