Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ADVENTure Update!

It’s the 25th of January already! I thought I’d be on the ball and write a post to update about my ADVENTure :-) Hopefully I can link up with Kristyn later too when she puts her post up.

I’m trying my best to only knit one project at a time right now. I have a ton of things on the needles from last year and if I think about them all I’d get a bit overwhelmed, so they are tucked away safely in my ‘wip basket’ and as and when I feel like it, I’ll pull one item out at a time, OR I will cast on something completely new.

DSCF4617 After I finished the Juliet Scarf (which still needs blocking!) I did cast on for something completely new. This (above) is McCafferty! A beautiful pattern created by a beautiful young girl. I’m sure many of you know Lily (and her Mom Amanda from JoliHouse). They live in my neck of the woods in England ;-)

To be really honest with you I never intended this to be a gift, I’ve loved the pattern ever since Lily’s Mom blogged about it, and I just had to buy it as soon as it was available. I have every intention of keeping this for myself  - is that naughty of me? No, I didn’t think so ;-)

I did cast on for something really easy while I was knitting the lace edging of this, and it is to be gifted . . .

DSCF4615

Hard to tell from this picture, but this is a simple cowl using Lion Brand’s Homespun. It has a contrasting ‘fluffy’ edge. I can’t quite remember the name of the yarn but I’ll put it on the finished details once it’s complete.  I plan on making a pair of mittens to match with fluffy cuffs too. Should be a rather nice gift set I think.

So, that’s what’s on my needles this month. What’s on yours?

5 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

ooohhh your mcCafferty looks beautiful. I haven't decided on a yarn for mine yet but i'm thinking a plain colour too. After all what varigated yarn could top Amanda's version??

Catherine said...

That McCafferty looks fabulous. I don't blame you for keeping it, cowls are also lovely any way.

On my needles? My first pair of socks!

x C

Ally Jay said...

too many things on my needles to mention but I am finishing things so it all balances out in the end. There are several second socks on the go and a top or two.

Marcia @ Taking Thyme said...

I too have to many WIP!
Love your yarn! I'm visiting you from Ginny's yarn along ~ thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sam said...

Wow it is gorgeous!