Friday, December 3, 2010

Tis The Season

Wow, December already! I’ve been knitting but just not organized enough to blog about it. I’m not knitting gifts this year, but usually around this time I always wish I had :-(  And I always start getting the urge to plan for next years knitted gifts – do any of you feel like that?  I had great intentions of starting Christmas knitting last January too I think, but I didn’t get very far. I am going to try harder this year.  I think the best plan of action is to get the ‘winter knits’ made in the first 3 months of the year (those will be the gifts I send home where the weather gets really cold), and the other ‘not so wintery gifts (for those of my friends who live in warmer climates) could be knit throughout the spring and summer.

Well, that’s my plan at least.  I’m already searching Ravelry for ideas and making a list of who I’d knit for and what I think they would like . . . or more to the point what I think I would LIKE to knit them ;-)

This is already in my ‘gift box’  . . . .

DSCF2987 Another ‘Just Enough Ruffles’ scarf.  The yarn was just Hobby Lobby’s ‘I love this Yarn’ which I find super soft. The black edging happened by accident because I ran out of grey yarn (having started with not quite a full skein) but I like how it turned out. I think I might gift this to my nephew’s wife for next Christmas. . . . so, that’s one down, about 20 more to go!!

I need to sort my yarn out and see what I have in stash. Mittens and cowls are always good gifts and I’m sure I already have plenty of yarn to get started on a few.  Hopefully I can post and keep track of what I knit here. I feel pretty motivated, but who knows how long that will last.  I hope to be back soon. In the mean time I’m off to catch up with some knitting blogs ;-)

6 comments:

periwinkle said...

I planned to start knitting presents in July but guess what .... it didn't happen. I found a wristwarmers pattern on Etsy that I really liked and it only takes a couple of hours to knit a pair so I'm making these like crazy as presents for the teachers at school. I've also got a Dobby to finish and a bear to start -- oops

Ann said...

I like the black trimming on the scarf. That's a good accident.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Charity said...

The black trim looks very elegant! Love all those ruffles. :o)

staci said...

I love this scarf! And the black edging looks fabulous! Will have to get this pattern :)

Gigi said...

I love that pattern and such a pretty choice of yarns with the black edging -- clever you! I'm doing a little Christmas knitting but not as much as years past.
Blessings,
G