Monday, December 13, 2010

All In A Day’s Knitting!

I knit this yesterday . . . .

DSCF4096

I told you I wanted to make a start on my 2011 Christmas knitting, and I wasn’t kidding ;-) You probably recognize the pattern, it’s the ever popular Bella’s Mittens (found here on Ravelry). What a great pattern, and it knits up so quickly too. Not sure if I’ll get the second mitten knit as quickly mind you, but by this week I should be finished. I have already cast on for it and knit 6 rounds.

DSCF4097

  Yarn I’m using is Malabrigo Merino Worsted from my stash. Not sure what the color is called. I’d say grey but it also has a little fleck of mauve/pink/purple running through it. The picture above that I took with the flash on shows that a little more (if you click to enlarge).

DSCF4098

Now, I’m not going to say who these will be gifted to (the recipient might wander in here and read?) and as I get to knitting more things I may not even mention that it’s a Christmas gift at all?  I’m super happy that I’ve made a start though. I think the best time to knit for Christmas is right now, no doubt by the time March or April rolls around I’ll be wanting to knit spring and summer stuff and won’t be in the mood for Christmas/winter knitting! So hopefully I can get a lot done before then.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Well done sweets, clever you! The pattern looks so complicated, but you're obviously figured it all out, and these look wonderful and will keep someone's hands lovely and warm during the winter. Thanks for letting me peek. I've added your knitting blog to my buddies list also, so I can see what you're making.

Has Kiki shown any interest in learning to knit? I was about her age when my mum taught me, and I taught my girls about her age too, so you never know, she just might be ready to catch the knitting bug too. ;)

Love your wool holder...what a great idea!Stops it running all over the place when you pull the yarn.

Happy knitting! Luv ya. xx

Ann said...

Wow, that's a fast knit & it looks so good.

Sue said...

It looks great and seems to be a very fast knit.

kv said...

very cute!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I'm gonna be 100% honest with, I have no idea how to knit, so that's yet another reason to be here! Maybe I can learn something new. :-)

I hope you come take a look at my blog and let me know what you think, ok?

Have a great day!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com