Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Nearly New Year

We are enjoying another relaxing week at home, after hubby decided to take this week off work too!

‘Santa’ brought me lots of fab knitting books last week that I’ve been browsing through each night. . . . (I’ll take pics of the other ones later), here’s me on Christmas day with one of them.

DSCF4287I’ve been knitting lots,  I’m half way through the Juliet Scarf  and I knit one of these mittens this week (shown on the front of this book I got last year)

knittedgifts_book but it’s TOO BIG!!!!  I’m surprised too because I went down a needle size. I know I should check gauge but I didn’t on the Bella Mittens and they turned out perfect. I shall probably pull this one out and start the smaller size on yet a smaller needle? I thought perhaps it would shrink if I hand washed it in hot water? but then I thought better not, just frog and reuse the yarn to start again.

So what is everyone up to for New Years Eve? Do you set any resolutions? My resolution is to knit as many Christmas gifts as I can for next year and to use a lot of yarn I have in stash for the projects :-)

8 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

Look at you all cute in your jammies! I say you should knit something RED this year, you suit it!
I'm hoping to knit lots out of the stash and get some christmas knits done long before christmas too.

Sue said...

You do look great in red! I received the same Sock Yarn book too full of wonderful ideas!

Kara said...

Love the jammies. And Happy New Years! My family gets together and plays Bingo. It is actually pretty fun. Hope you have a good one!

Sam said...

Ooh what a great idea! I have a ridiculous stash and have been pretty good recently on the no purchase front. I may follow your lead and use some on Christmas gifts for next year... starting now. Happy 2011 xxx

Annie said...

I should copy your resolutions. I need to do the same.
Looks like Santa was good to you!

snoopydogknits said...

Hello there! The sock yarn book looks like it might be really good for stash busting! Wishing you a happy and peaceful New Year. Ros

Northern Monkey said...

Hi, you asked what pattern I used for my pink lace scarf. It was the Peacock Tail and Leaf scarf from Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush, my project page is here http://www.ravelry.com/projects/NorthernMonkey/peacock-tail-and-leaf-scarf

Happy New Year
Laura x

josiekitten said...

I've just ordered that Scok yarn one skein wonders book from Amazon! Hopefully it will help me use up some of my stock yarn stash! I'm aiming to knit Christmas gifts right from the word go, so that I can end the year calmly! We shall see! Happy New Year to you!