Saturday, September 13, 2008

Christmas Knitting and Fuzzy Mittens!

I've mentioned that I want to knit some gifts for my 'niblings' this year (my nephew and niece's children in England). I thought I had decided on 'ladybug' mittens and hats for 2 little great-nieces and I was working on the sweater for one little great-nephew, but then I kind of changed my mind!You know how it is - if you don't feel like knitting something it will feel like such a chore and chances are it will take forever cos you'll never feel like picking it up! That's how I felt after doing just one ladybug mitten. So then I decided I'd try making 'Itty Bitty' hats for the kiddies and make a fleece scarf to match. AND THEN. . . . . I discovered Fuzzy Mittens on Ravelry :-)

Yay! Now THESE are something I want to make, and what better reason than a gift for a child. I bought the bunny pattern that very night, and he was made in about 3 days! So without further ado, I give you my first Fuzzy Mitten (which Kristen and I have named) 'Baby Blue'.

I have a really good camera but you wouldn't think it to see these pictures, I can't for the life of me take close up 'in focus' shots!! But I did my best - here's a few more of the little guy.


The scarf you see behind him is my 'finally finished Chicabean Scarf! It needs blocking and then I can show 'real' pictures of it. You'll notice too that I did a little scarf for bunny in the same yarn.


The yarn for bunny was some left over Sirdar Snuggly DK that I made the Girlfriend Shrug for Kristen in. He was really just a 'test bunny' but he's turned out quite cute and soft that he will be a gift to my niece's new baby boy (due in December)!

I'll be making more of these for sure!


13 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Adorable bunny! One more fun knit I can queue up for my kids. Love the matching scarf too!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

He is just adorable! Great pattern find and so nice to hear he knit up so quickly :)

Anonymous said...

Aww...too cute!!

Sue said...

What a perfectly cute little bunny.

sweetp said...

Cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oohh - he is so adorable! What a great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

stitching under oaks said...

very cute...!nice work!

Ren said...

how cute! good luck on the rest of the Christmas knitting! : )

Mary said...

So incredibly cute!

Knitterella said...

Sooo cute!

Philigry said...

so cute! love the bunny!

a friend to knit with said...

totally adorable, denise!!!