Thursday, January 10, 2008

Making progress....

I've finished both sleeves for the wildflower sweater but haven't taken a picture yet. I just wanted to give a quick update on that and also answer Jimberlys's questions - whoever you are ;-) (and I say that in a nice way) 'Jim' I'd like to return the visit but your profile doesn't link to a blog, so I 'm not sure if you have one or not. Anyway, I've been knitting since I was 8 years old (and I'm now h'hmm, 44!). My mom taught me to knit and spent many hours unwinding (or frogging as they call it now) my hole-y scarfs. I seriously don't know where she got the patience from but I'm glad she spent that time with me. She's now 82 and hasn't bothered knitting for some years. I didn't knit for many years either during my 20's and 30's but I had my daughter when I was 37 and picked up the needles again when I was pregnant (she's 7 now!).
It depends on what I'm doing during the day as to how much I knit, I usually just get the chance in the evening once Kristen has gone to bed, so I'd say I only knit for about an hour or 2 per day, some days I don't knit at all. If you have a blog let me know your link, I'd love to return the visit. If not, that's ok, just want to say thanks for dropping by and 'reading me' :-)
Have a great weekend everyone, I'll try to get updated pics soon.

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

loved learning this about you Denise!
look forward to seeing your sweater.

Jimberlys said...

Thanks, for the respoonse. I do not have a blog...I am just not that computer savvy! But I do LOVE to knit. I enjoy reading knitting blogs almost as much. I get so excited about knitting but when I talk to people about it they look at me like I'm nuts! (They just don't get it!) Thanks anyway for the answer. I didn't think about the fact that I don't have a blog for you to respond to.

Patty

Jimberlys is a combo of my kids name Jimmy & Kimberly...