Sunday, August 26, 2007

Goodies In The Mail

Don't you just love waiting for the mail to arrive when you know you've ordered something from Amazon? Last Friday my goodies arrived. I ordered Susan's book 'Itty Bitty Hats', and I just love it! I have spent all weekend just browsing through it from front to back, back to front - I just don't know what hat to knit first. I also pre-ordered Susan's new book 'Itty Bitty Nursery' but that won't be released until October.


And because I wanted to get free shipping from Amazon I topped my order up (to reach over $25) with the 'Knit 2 Together' book by Tracey Ullman. It was reduced to only $5.50.


I've seen this book reduced in the book stores too and it made me wonder if it was because it wasn't very good. I have to admit I've never been crazy about the front cover. There's just something about that sweater they have on that is 'disturbing' to me - it just looks a little (dare I say it) "deformed"?!!! Well I was pleasantly surprised with the book, there are some nice patterns in that I might one day have a go at. This one for instance which is the first pattern in the book, and looks so cute....
And this one looks nice....
I really like this lacy shrug too, but I don't think I would wear it much so I probably won't attempt that one....


And just for the record, they do have the pattern for the 'knit 2 together' sweater on the front of the book - which I KNOW I will never knit ;-)

It's back to knitting my chunky shrug tonight, I've only got one sleeve to finish, then pick up the collar and I'm done!!!

And on a different note... is it just me or is anyone else having problems uploading pictures in to their sidebar? Every time I try to do it from blogger it's enlarging and distorting the image? I had to upload the pictures of the knitting magazine to my server and then link to it from there?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey, cool books!
And thanks for stopping by my place and offering help with those socks. I figured it out and I wanted to share - I found the best site EVER with videos on every knitting stitch known to man (Ok, maybe not that many, but close enough!)

It's www.knittinghelp.com

I'm totally addicted to socks now. I think I might need an intervention.

God bless :)

peaknits said...

I just love the Itty Bitty Hats book too and can't wait for the next one - I keep re-examining my order over at Amazon to see how I can get my free shipping too:) Love Amazon. Makes me wonder how regular bookstores survive.:( I was pleasantly surprised by the Knit Two Together book too - especially for the price - and coincidentally I think Susie turned me onto the sale - strange little world:)

Knitterella said...

ooo, you'll love Itty-Bitty Hats! It's my favorite!

Looks like some good stuff in Knit Two Together. I haven't flipped through that so thanks for the peek.

Your working on some great projects!
Jill

P.S. Thanks for the comment reguarding Marley. I really appreciate it.

Susan B. Anderson said...

Hi Denise,
Don't you just love the fall? I do. It has always been my favorite season. I love it that you have the chocolate bubbles, too. I love your lotus blossom tank. That color is beautiful. I hope you enjoy the K2tog book. For that price there isn't much risk. Thanks for the mention!

Christine said...

Some of things in that book look really cute. I have to admit, I think the lacy shrug is really cute, but I haven't quite gotten to knitting lacy patterns yet. The other books look like alot of fun too.