Thursday, November 6, 2008

Have you seen it. . . .

. . . my knitting Mojo? I seem to have lost it this week! I know the reason why too - I'm having a new sofa delivered tomorrow, so last weekend I sold my old sofas and since then my living room has been rather bear. We have one 'basket' chair (from Pier1, and similar to THIS) which is sort of comfortable, but not really! And we have hubby's old recliner, which is a tad more comfortable than the chair, but still not... ya know!

So because I don't really have anywhere 'cozy' to sit right now I think that's why I've not really picked up my needles much. I'm hoping all that will change tomorrow when the sofa, which has a chaise at one end and a reclining seat at the other, is delivered. I look forward to a weekend of putting my feet up and relaxing ;-)

I ordered two new knitting books from Amazon last week, which were delivered really quickly even though I'd opted for free shipping.

I think I can honestly say that other than knitting, one of my other passions is collecting knitting books! I know I'm not alone when I say this - I've seen some of your 'libraries' on Ravelry, so don't try to deny it! . In fact my little collection looks quite tiny to some in comparison! I love browsing through knitting books and reading the patterns. Even if I have no intention of knitting the said garmet. It's 'reading' about 'knitting' what could be better than that?

So what do I think of these two new books? I have to be honest and say with the Luxury Yarn One Skein Wonders, well I'm a little disappointed in it. There's not a lot in there that I think I'd knit, but that's really just at first glance. I think I need to browse through it very slowly and take a really good look at it. With the Mason Dixon book, again, I'm not sure how much stuff I'd knit in it. The first book from what I can remember seemed to have a lot more stuff I'd like to do, but I haven't gotten that book yet, I just loaned it from the library one time.

I must say that one of my favorite things in this book that immediately caught my eye was the 'Jane Austin' dress and shrug. Oh, these look SO pretty, and I just love pretty girly things. I definitely will have to knit some of these and get out my new (and hardly used) sewing machine next year. I say next year because come January I will be planning on what I'm going to make for gifts for that Christmas. Yes, call me crazy but my intentions will be good and I'll want to start planning right away. I always feel like that just after the holidays, then after a couple of months my good planning usually goes by the wayside!

But aren't these just adorable? The fabric and yarn color choices will be endless. Hmmm, I wonder if anyone has knit them on Ravelry yet?



13 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

come on over there's an extra couch just waiting for ya :)
Hope you get some good knitting done this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I think that's one of the coolest things about Ravelry - if you have a question or want to see examples of patterns already knitted up, you can! I think it's great when people give their notes on a pattern too.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Hope you find it really soon! And thanks for the book review - I always love seeing about books I haven't (yet) got!

Charity said...

I hadn't heard of the one skein book yet, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up! :0)

Ann said...

Thanks for the book review & that shrug looks gorgeous. I love knitting books too & always trying to restrain my self from buying.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your mojo back soon. Perhaps it's time for another bunny?

stitching under oaks said...

I love to read knitting books too...it's so fun to think about all the possibilites. Hope your mojo returns! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love that Jane Austin style dress. So pretty!

The mojo will be back soon. Think there's a few of us had this problem recently!

Suzanne said...

Those two are on my Christmas list!! I did break down and got the Mason Dixon one from my library, just to take a peak, but other than a quick go through at the bookstore, I will try to wait to look through the other one!! Yea!! Who doesn't love great knitting books!
Suzanne

Mary said...

Those books look great! I hope you get your new couch soon!!!

Jimberlys said...

I hope you find that knitting MOJO soon. I miss seeing your creations!!! I love your Elliott the Dragon and would like to knit him myself. Do you know if Jil Eaton has a book that the pattern is in? I would rather buy a book than a past issue of Interweave. Let me know if there is another way of getting this.

Thanks,
Patty
jnp1982@msn.com

Ally Jay said...

I can see exactly why you can't knit without anywhere comfy. Hope the knitting mojo returns with the new sofa

Knitterella said...

Man, my mojo has taken a hike too. It's a drag. Hope we find ours soon!

That shrug is super cute!