Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I usually only share 'knitting content' on this blog because I post our 'daily life' on my other 'daily' blog! But I thought I would start sharing some other stuff other than just knitting here, because... well I feel like I've come to know some of you as really good friends, and... well, I really just want to share :-) (plus it means you don't have to read two blogs!).

So here's my little 'princess' having a fun time last night (with the other kids in the cul-de-sac).

Kristen is the Pikachu with the Boo bag! I splashed out and bought the 'hard to come by' costume on Ebay, only to find out later her friend's mom two doors away made her costume - now why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I was too busy knitting ;-)


Let me just say that in all her 7 years my little 'princess' has never actually dressed up as a princess for Halloween! Her first Halloween at age 11 months I dressed her as Winnie the Pooh with a big pumpkin belly, oh, ok I'll show you the picture. . . . .

How cute is that?! The following year when she was 2 yrs old, I took her to the Disney store and let her pick a costume. I tried to steer her towards the princess outfits but she ended up going straight to Tiggr! And since then it's been dogs, more dogs, batgirl, scooby doo and now Pikachu.

I'll say one thing, it sure is fun waiting to see what she wants to be each year :-) I hope you all had a fun and safe evening last night too.

11 comments:

Mary said...

All the kids look so cute, and that little Winnie the Pooh is adorable. Maybe next year she'll want to be a princess ;)

CelticCastOn said...

sooo cute I bet she had a blast. Will you be making next year??

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a fun group of kids! You are fortunate to live near children of similar ages - so nice for the kids.

Am I mistaken or isn't she dressed as a princess in the picture holding the dog???? She looks like a princess to me :)

Ren said...

aww, how cute! glad to hear that you guys had a wonderful halloween! : )

Annie said...

Do I see flip flops? I miss those already but I can't complain; we had great trick-or-treating weather last night.
If she's a princess already then it's ok for her to be Pikachu :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's lovely getting glimpses of people's lives as well as their knitting!

Anonymous said...

soooo cute! halloween is the most fun holiday of the year--it looks like everyone was going to have a great time.

Anonymous said...

So cute! My 11 yo went as a princess too!

Anonymous said...

Lily's 'princess' stage was very short-lived too.
Kristen looks so cute as a little pumpkin pooh though!

Philigry said...

all the kids look so sweet!

Hot Tub Repairs Saint Paul said...

Apprecciate you blogging this