Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have in my possession. . . . .

. . . finally, a yummy - scrumptious - squishy skein of Malabrigo :-) When I found out my LYS didn't stock Malabrigo, I found myself wanting it all the more. I just HAD to have some! Isn't Ravelry great? There were lots of lovely ladies on there that had some in their stash and were willing to trade or sell. As I have nothing worth trading (imho) I simply bought a skein, and it arrived yesterday. And it is as soft as everyone says it is. Hmmm? What now shall I knit with it, and more importantly who shall I knit it for? Would it be selfish to say "me"?


Also in my possession are two great holiday magazines. . .

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the IK Holiday Gifts mag after seeing it on someone's blog last week, but when I went to the book store it wasn't on the shelf yet. I did find the Vogue Knitting mag there so I got that instead. And I had a nice surprise the next day when I was in my grocery store.... lo and behold, there was the IK mag sitting on their shelves :-)

This was the reason I wanted the IK mag (and what I'd seen on the other blog). . . . I love the style of these slippers and so want to knit them (again for me!)

Then I saw this, and fell in love with it (reminds me of that lovely big afghan Leslie knit last year). I would love to knit this and snuggle up with Kristen on the sofa over the holidays (perhaps not this year, but I can dream).

Love these too. . . .

and these. . . .

Love everything about this page (this is from the Vogue mag) . . . .

Oh, and recognize the gift tags below (bottom right of the picture)?

Congratulations Jill :-) And not only in Vogue, but here's the Top 10 Picks from IK holiday mag too. . . .

I would think these two features are going to keep you rather busy over the next few months Jill ;-)

Sorry for the photo-intense post, but it is fun to share the things you love ;-)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to get those magazines! Those slippers are awesome!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That malabrigo is so your color - you have to make something for yourself!

I'm so jealous that your grocery store had the IK holiday mag. How cool is that? I want those slippers.

Sue said...

I love those slippers and the afghan too, how gorgeous. I did see that mag on someone's blog too and wanted it. I guess I will need to wait a bit longer for it to arrive.

Mary said...

Mmm...malabrigo, so soft, Definitley make something for yourself!

Ally Jay said...

Those magazines look awesome. I would be tempted by those projects too.

Ren said...

have fun with all your fabulous new goodies!! : )

Sam said...

Malabrigo is lovely, isn't it.

And great pics from the IK gifts. I'll be running out this weekend to pick up a copy.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, yummy Malabrigo! You are so tempting me with the IK Holiday. it's not available here yet. I'm still waiting.... :(

Have a great weekend!

a friend to knit with said...

okay. i LOVE everyone of those projects. so THANK YOU for all the photos!!

Twisted Knitter said...

I love lots of photos in blog posts and this made me want to buy the IK Holiday magazine! I already got the VK Holiday but now I'm sold on some of the projects you shared.

Malabrigo is amazing. Welcome to the club! :-)

Anonymous said...

How funny! I was surfing on blogs and I open yours... What do I see? The slippers I just started for gifts this Christmas! Love your blog...
Marguerite from Montréal