Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Gift Off the Needles!

This is a super fast knit - The Birthday Cowl! Just 2 rows to the pattern and I did this with one skein of Classic Elite Angora (Lush) that I bought the other day. I can't say who the recipient is (they might be reading this!) but I do hope they like it. It's super soft and having tried it on to take these pictures I know for sure it will be super warm and cozy too :-)
If you aren't a member of Ravelry, you can find the 'free' pattern HERE. I'm loving these little quick knits and I've already cast on with the Noro for more lovely wrist warmers. I CAN tell you who they will be gifted to, because I know she doesn't read this blog (she's not even aware it exists!), they will be for Kristen's piano teacher for Christmas.

Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes, I had a lovely day on Saturday. My favorite part was having a candle lit dinner out on the balcony with my hubby. It felt like we were in our very own private restaurant :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that it was your birthday! Hope you had a fantastic day. The dinner sounds just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really nice, it looks so scrumptious!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Oh that looks lovely. So warm and cozy!

Anonymous said...

So soft and pretty. That is one of my favorite fibers. I love that shade of blue. Sometimes the quick knits are so much more satisfying that the larger projects. Instant gratification!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Hum. Now you have given me pause. I have a skein of lush that I bought to knit a mouse from K2Together. But, maybe it would make a better cowl!

a friend to knit with said...

love lush. perfect for a cowl.

Annie said...

Love that cowl.