Monday, April 28, 2008

Guess where I'm going today?

After asking the question 'what do I do now' once I'd bought the Amy Butler 'In Stitches' book, it dawned on me that it might be a good idea to see if I could find a sewing class to take! There just so happens to be a sewing shop about 15 minutes from me. I used to walk past it every week when I took Kristen to Little Gym and I would head to Barnes and Noble to browse around for an hour while she played. I never thought much about it, cos I never really sew, and I never really enjoy sewing when I do try it. That's because I've never really been taught how to.

I'm excited today because I signed up for a sewing class last week (another spur of the moment thing) and it so happens the class is today AND for 6 lovely long hours! Lunch is even provided. And guess what they will be making today (or I will be making) pajama pants! Isn't that a nice coincidence because that is what I was going to try and make from the Amy Butler book.

I will update you all tomorrow on how the day went. And ya never know, I may be modeling some very cool lounge pants ;-)

Oh, and on a knitting note, I've been speeding along with Jaden and nearly finished the front. Just two short sleeves to go and I'll have something else to model too!


11 comments:

sadie said...

I hope you get on well today Denise, how serendipitdatious for it to be making jim jam bottoms when that's what you wanted to make!
I looked at AB fabric on ebay, as I'd not heard of her or her fabrics before, very, very nice. :O)

Hope you enjoyed your sewing day. I've never been able to get on with sewing machines, I always get in a tangle. That's why I do it by hand, for me it's easier!
xxx

a friend to knit with said...

a totally great day! enjoy!
i can't wait to see what you created!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh fab! Hope you enjoyed your day. I think you were just meant to sew this week. It must be fate for you to have those pyjamas. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting! You will be my inspiration... Can't wait to see the PJ pants.

Anonymous said...

Hope it was a really fun time!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing your jammies.

Anonymous said...

Now Denise, there is a big difference between pajamas and "lounge" pants. I have completely convinced my children of this, and they no longer think a thing of their mother hanging out all day in her "lounge pants." ;-)

Can't wait to see your new bottoms!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That is very cool. You are so fortunate to have a sewing shop offering classes so convenient to you! I think you were wise to take the time to learn properly. It will make all the different to your enjoyment and the quality of your projects.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh how awesome! I'm so jealous!

Ann said...

The class sounds exciting although I am not crazy about sewing. Can't wait to see your pj pants.

Annie said...

Wow, it was meant to be. That's neat. Have fun.