Thursday, November 1, 2007

More Pics

As promised in the post below, here are a few pictures of the WIPS (work in progress)
The Rainy Day sock was pretty fast to knit, I'm using size 4 dpn's and Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. The second one is nearly complete.

Fetching 'fingerless' mitts... a couple of changes to this pattern, first not intentionally (but because I didn't read the pattern correctly) I did 4 cables at the wrist instead of 3 (and I hate pulling out, so I didn't) and I totally forgot to do the last cable twist at the top of the mitt! I didn't like the picot bind off on these, it seemed to make the end of the glove too wide. So I undid it and just cast off normal.

Another change I made was knitting 10 rows after the thumb instead of the 4 rows it called for, because it didn't even come up to my knuckles. I like how these turned out. These are knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. This pair took just over a ball. Apparently if you follow the pattern to the T, you should be able to get them out of just one ball. I have another ball I bought in a navy blue color and I'm going to try and do that with just one ball.


And finally, here is the Cupcake baby hat on the needles... not much to see just yet, but I'm working on it ;-)


4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

LOVE the rainy day socks...so soft too in the baby casherino.
and of course, fetching is just perfect. like the changes.

Unknown said...

Wow - so productive! Yowza! I love the socks and the fetchings - I didn't like the Picot edge either - so I did a plain cast off on everyone's pairs but mine:) Love them though. And I was just thinking, I think this weekend looks like a good weekend to start a cupcake hat:)

Ann said...

The socks are lovely & I love fetching - knitted a pair for winter & worn them all the time. Thanks for visiting my blog & you are more than welcome to visit anytime.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

Everything looks great!