Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Can't Wait. . . . .

. . . to knit these. . . .

but first, I have to finish . . . . these!

Then, I want to knit this. . . . yes, I finally have my own copy of Susie's new book

but first, I have to finish off a little hat already on my circular 16" Addy Turbo! (which I didn't take a pic of yet). . . . . then I want to knit this . . . . .

This lace scarf is featured in the September issue of Simply Knitting (a UK mag) and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. You can see the yarn band but the yarn has already been wound for me and was 'downstairs' when I was upstairs taking these pictures!

And here's another look to it, featured on the first page of the pattern.

I've never knit lace before but my LYS had the exact yarn in so I bought a skein of it and hope to start on that soon too!
As you can see in the sock and hat pictures, I also have the yarn bought for those two projects too. It was 'lots of treats for Denise week' this week, cos it's my birthday next week and my Mom sent me my birthday card with lots of lovely dollars in it :-) I also bought some t-shirts in Old Navy - you can't beat $4 for t-shirts that (imo) wash great and last forever!
So, I've been knitting like crazy this weekend on the Monkey socks and I think I'm only a day or so away from finishing them.
I can't wait to get started on my new projects!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a wonderful queue! I love those socks - the ones almost done and the ones in line. And Susie's new book is so sweet! Can't wait to make the Grumpy Old Bear.

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm glad you like my monkees :)

Well done with those socks ..... I knitted one once but then suffered with a terrible bout of second sock syndrome and never made the other one!

Susan B. Anderson said...

Baby Cashmerino is such a great yarn and that color is too beautiful. I love your plans. I saw that lace and noticed how exquisite it is! Hope you are well.
susan

Knitterella said...

I love Baby Cashmerino!

Wow, you have some wonderful projects waiting for you to start. I love that cupcake set from Susan too. That's on my list for sure!

Your socks look great!
Jill

Monkee Maker said...

Hi again Denise,

Thanks for your comment and interest in my monkees.

In answer to your questions : HP stands for Half-Pint monkees which are a third of the size of monkees 2 - 13 (including 007), and I don't currently sell them, although I am hoping to soon .... I'm working on it! :)

Annie said...

Hi Denise! I can't wait until you have a picture of the cupcake hat. It's so darling!! I haven't ventured into socks yet...they look difficult and time consuming but I bet that Baby Cashmerino would feel good on the tootsies!!