Monday, October 8, 2007

WhoooHooo - I Did It!!!

LOOK! I have a sock - my very FIRST completed sock - EVER!!! I'm so excited. I love it, love the feel of it, the look of it, the fit of it. Well actually I think the fit could have been a bit better around the leg. I really like the pattern (monkey socks by Knitty.com) but the only problem I had was that each needle started off on a purl stitch, and I couldn't for the life of me get that first stitch to stay tight. I think because of that, there is some extra looseness to the leg. BUT, I still love it. The yarn is 'Regia' merino and silk, fingering weight.
What do ya think?

This is the same picture but I used the flash, it shows the colors a little brighter I think.

Boo looks impressed, doesn't he? ;-)

OK, so one down, and one more to go . . . .
(oh, and I finished the felted purse, I just need to actually felt it! So I'll show pictures of that next time).


8 comments:

Susan B. Anderson said...

It is beautiful! Congratulations.
susan

Tracey said...

Oh wow, your socks look great! I love the hats and your model too :o) ((HUGS))

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

hurray! socks!

cute puppy, its that a ShihTzu?

Carrie said...

Wowee, great job!! I love the colors. Very nice.
God bless :)

little miss violet said...

fab sock Denise, I can't imagine being able to make something so complicated. A job well done! :O) xx

Amanda said...

I think it looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your FIRST sock?! Nothing ike jumping into a harder than stockinette pattern:) Great job - it is awesome!

Knitterella said...

Wow! Love it! You did an awesome job!!!
Jill