Saturday, February 18, 2012

Serious Stash Enhancement!

I've mentioned before that I've never really had much of a stash when it comes to my yarn. I usually like to buy the yarn once I know what I want to knit. But the reason for that has usually been that Hobby Lobby and Michael's just don't have the kind of yarn I (or anyone for that matter) would want to stash!

Now that I've discovered my new LYS is not really that far from me I've gone a little crazy over the past couple of weeks (well, crazy for me, that is). Now, don't get me wrong, I still don't really want to have that big a stash (or did everyone with a big stash start off by saying that!!) but it is nice to just pick up a skein or two now and then - and have a project in mind for it. 

I blame those (wonderful) podcasters for 'enabling' me - Diane in particular!  She is just the sweetest knitter I've ever not met - LOL :-) She (and other podcasters) have mentioned a few times about the bags they have been buying for their projects. Truth be told, I've never put my projects in a bag, but I had to change that after seeing their bags.  And here's mine . . .

 My first bag from Lois at Knittings My Bag! You can find her shop on Etsy HERE. This is the small size and easily fits your sock projects or your shawls (while they're not too big). The picture is a little blurry because I didn't have the flash on.

Here it is closer and in focus (with the flash). I love it, it's full of little pockets inside. It will not be my last I can tell you. Lois has all kinds of different fabrics, I can't wait to order another one.

Here is the stash of yarn I've accumulated over the past couple of weeks. Some of this is from Knitpicks too. 


 I cast on for the Cedar Leaf Shawlette a couple of days ago with the Manos Silk Blend I bought last week (I actually bought an extra skein today at the yarn store incase I ran out).

and THIS . . .

is my first EVER skein of 100% CASHMERE :-)  

I am beyond excited to have this sweet skein, I've never bought 100% cashmere before and I'm dying to know what it feels like!! I have a Jared Flood cowl pattern in mind for it. THIS ONE to be exact. 

And I bought yarn to knit this . . .

This is the beautiful new design from Julie at Knitted Bliss. - Wildflower Tank.  And it's featured in the Spring Issue of IK. I'd been looking at some summer tanks to knit soon and when I saw this on Julie's blog, I knew it would be my next garment project! I couldn't get 100% silk at the LYS, so I've picked something else. I'll be swatching this weekend and will let you know if it will work and show you when I cast on.

So much yarn. . . . so little time to knit! (actually I get lots of time to knit, but I still want more time - shame we can't knit our sleep!!!).

7 comments:

owlmazingmakes said...

I think the cashmere would look great as that cowl. They are both beautiful. The manos cedar leaf is REALLY pretty too! What is that big skein of peachy/pink goodness in the left hand corner? Looks very nice.

Ann said...

Lovely bag & gorgeous yarn. I am on a yarn diet this year & want to knit only from my stash.

Sam said...

What a great bunch of goodies you have there. I'm in the same boat as Ann... trying to behave a little this year and knit from my stash. Even managed to leave my favourite LYS this week without a single skein. (Despite the temptation!)

Sam said...

ps - I just awarded you the Liebster award

Bay Area Knitter said...

Found your blog through Pinterest tonight! I adore the little sheep knitting bag you found on etsy! Too cute! You've made some awesome projects! I've been perusing your past posts. :)

Knitting Patterns for Babies said...

Your bag and the yarns and the tank top are totally beautiful! So impressive! I really love your knitted tank top here, and the color is beautiful too. Perfect! Two thumbs up!

Mark said...

Hi from Wisconsin, just found your podcasts and started listening.