Monday, September 6, 2010

Can I ask you something?

I have to say I’m rather ‘obsessed’ with Ravelry at the minute. I seem to go through phases where I just love to surf the patterns, check out my ‘friends activity’ page and blog posts just about urmm . . . . every hour or so!

Today I saw a friend had added the  ‘Boheme’ pattern knit by Retroversa to her favs. I haven’t really seen this pattern before but I loved the two little tops shown in the picture paired with a long white sleeve top and jeans. The size was only for 12mths!

A long sleeve white top and jeans is my staple wardrobe for the Fall and Winter months so I was wondering if there is a pattern out there that is very much like this one but in an adult size.

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY SUCH PATTERN? Can you recommend anything like this. Having just finished the Leaf T-shirt and loving how it was knit seamlessly I know a pattern similar to Boheme would be great knitting. I’d love any suggestions you might have, so please leave a comment, I’d so appreciate it.

DSCF3076

In the meant time, I have to decide whether to knit the other sock to match this one?!! The pattern is THIS ONE – Lace Cuff Anklets from the book ‘Favorite Socks’. The yarn is Patons Kroy Sock. The problem is . . . . it’s too big :-(  I only have myself to blame, I NEVER check gauge when I’m knitting socks, although most times I often think (after they’re knit) that I could probably have gone down a needle size as they are often ‘loose’ on my feet. After I’d started knitting with the yarn I realized the pattern actually suggested sport weight, so I thought for sure it wouldn’t turn out too big if I was actually using thinner yarn – wrong!  Is it possible to ‘shrink’ a sock? I thought I might be able to if the yarn was hand wash and I perhaps threw it in the washer or dryer, or both. But the yarn says it’s machine washable? What do I do now? What would you do?  Please don’t tell me to frog the sock and start over!

Added:+++++ I just saw Sue’s comment about the sizes of Boheme so I went back to search Ravelry for more info. I saw a forum post about Boheme AND Boheme Mama, so I clicked on that then found the link to the adult version :-)  You can find it HERE

15 comments:

Ally Jay said...

Blocking might help, but I've never blocked socks.
Love the lace cuff though.
Ophelia on ravelry might be what you're after.

Sue said...

I saw a post this morning about Boheme and it actually goes up to a size 10 now. I also think there are ladies sizes too which I am pretty sure but do you think I can recall the blog it was on!

Unknown said...

there is the boheme*mama pattern now too...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bohememama

KnittySue said...

Glad you found your pattern, thanks for the link to the sock pattern...blocking does wonders.

Esther said...

What about this one ??

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sedgemoor

It's in my queue!

Jane said...

Good luck with the sock issue and glad you found the Boheme Mama pattern.

Kara said...

Yay on finding the adult Boheme version!

Ann said...

You have done a beautiful job on the sock & I hate to say this but I think you should frog the sock. It's better to frog one sock then knit a pair that does not fit. It has happen to me.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Maybe the pattern "hey teach" I can see you in that sweater. That is an adorable pattern and I see they have an adult version now so looks like you have a few options!

I love Ravelry too. When I have breaks in work I also love to see what others are knitting and blogging about :)

Gigi said...

Hi D! So glad you found the pattern you wanted! It's so cute. Isn't that so satisfying? I might just have to copy you and make one too ;-).
And about the sock, sorry but I'm no help. Actually, I always use one size smaller needle than recommended when making socks b/c for some reason, my socks always seemed to turn out too big?

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! I've been knitting for about 9 months. Havn't gotten past scarves and hats, but I'm working on it. Glad I found your blog.

behind the ivy said...

I never swatch for socks either! It's a terrible habit, isn't it :)

If the yarn is machine washable I don't think it'll shrink. You might have to frog! It's lovely sock, such a pity it's too big!

stitching under oaks said...

Ravelry is dangerous to my time....I could spend days there. thanks for the link about Boheme Mama. That would be so great all fall and winter. I've not got any good ideas for you about the sock...do you know anyone with larger feeet? it could be a Christmas present....

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you Boheme...the designer is a friend of mine from Denver. I used to live there and met her at our knit group! She is a great gal and love her knits!

I need to make one too! :) No sleeves....heaven!!

juicyknits said...

I think February Lady Sweater is also a similar pattern to this.