Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NOOOooooooooo!

What a sad day when you find out your local LYS is closing at the end of the month :-( She's the only one for miles around. High rents and the likes of Hobby Lobby and Michael's have made times hard for her from what I can gather. It's so very sad.

I must admit I haven't been in there for a few months but it was always nice knowing I had a good Local Yarn Store where I could get good quality yarn when I needed it.

Haven't had a chance to get any modeled shots of Ishbel, but I love it so much I've cast on another one in the KnitPicks Lace I just bought. And I'm on a quest to find some nice yarn to knit a friend a hat and scarf.

4 comments:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

oh, how disappointing. On-line stores are great but they just can replace being able to see and touch the yarn in person. Hope someone else opens a new one soon!

Kara said...

So sad!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

This economy is tough on retail shops. Here in SoCal we are seeing many closing of all types of stores and restaurants. Sorry to hear you will lose your local LYS.

Journeying Five said...

so sad, hope you find another good source. ours closed for the summer and I felt like my hands were tied and then it opened again in november and it is so nice to have it back!