Wednesday, December 10, 2008

flying off the needles

Well that's a slight exaggeration, these have been ON the needles for way too long. I actually finished the second mitt a couple of weeks ago but just never got around to casting off! I did that this afternoon and will wrap these for a gift to Kristen's piano teacher.

I really enjoy knitting these but I don't really have a lot of people to knit them for, so this will probably be my last pair for a while.

I'm trying to concentrate on two major wips right now, 'Woodland' and 'Soleil'. Soleil is really just a lot of knitting in the round right now, so that's the perfect wip to take with me when I'm out (like at piano lesson yesterday). I've nearly finished the back of Woodland and will start on the right side next, then just two sleeves and I'll be done - well those and the button band, but I don't want to think of that right now.

Despite my 'early' New Year Resolution of only working on two projects at a time (which I haven't really made yet, I just kinda mentioned it), I am feeling the urge to cast on for Cap'n Crunch with the Rio De La Plata I have in my stash! I just found out it's Kristen's teacher's birthday at the end of this month - I thought this might make a nice gift?

I must say it's fun knitting what you want WHEN you want to. Perhaps I should make that my New Year Resolution ;-)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will love them Denise!

I was wondering how long the resolution would last....about as long as mine I should think! :D

Denise said...

Urmmmm, I didn't make the resolution, I was just thinking about it ;-) LOL.

a friend to knit with said...

they are lovely.
and capt crunch is so cute! maybe i could make one. after this darn advent is finished!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a great gift for a piano teacher - she can wear them while she practices! I love the style of these mitts ~ really elegant lookikng.

Good luck with Cap'n Crunch. I like your new resolution - to knit when you want what you want!

Mary said...

What a beautiful gift. She is sure to love it!

stitching under oaks said...

I like the second resolution...knit what you want, when you want it...sounds good to me. Your mitts are lovely. The color is so holiday!

Honeycombs said...

What d'ya mean you don't have a lot of people to knot them for or even knit them for :o) there's lil ol me here in the UK :O)I love a good knot (now why wont my finger hit the 'i')knit ... especially when it's not me knitting it just takes me ages - you obviously take after mam.
Love ya lots lil sis

big sis xxxxxxx

Knitterella said...

Yes, "WHEN" you want too is key. That's how I am right now. I feel like I have a handful of stuff I 'have to' knit including two hats that I realllllly don't want to but I have to because they are gifts. The whole 'Have to' think makes it feel like a job and that equals no fun!

Good luck to us both!

Love your knitted gift and ornament - bet they loved it!