Monday, February 25, 2008

Making Good Progress!

I got gauge! Had to move up a needle size, but I was good to go on Friday, so I cast on for the Surplice Bodice Camisole!

And as you can see, I've made good progress! I got the back finished by Saturday morning, and by Sunday night I had completed the left and right front, and picked up the stitches around the neck and armholes.

I now have to pick up stitches from the bottom cast on edge to start the lace pattern. The pattern says to do this in two parts, back then front - but I think I will pick up and knit in the round (as someone suggested they would do on Ravelry, if they knit this again) to eliminate any side seams. At this rate, I might have this finished by the weekend :-)

Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you what my mystery photo was! Peaknit was right, it's a hat - staying on the 'band wagon' I had to try out Si Capitan just to see how it would turn out! I'm not much of a hat wearer so I doubt I will be wearing this, but Kristen looked kinda cute in it. If I knit this again I think I'd make the brim a little shorter for her, and use nicer yarn (this was just a test with some Lion Brand acrylic I had in stash!).

13 comments:

knittyvritti said...

Hi Denise,

thanks for visiting. your things are lovely too, and i'm looking forward to seeing progress on the surplice--it's beautiful.

kv

peaknits said...

Your camisole is looking gorgeous!! and I love that Si Capitan, I need to add this to my queue - my daughter would love it in a sweet pink.

The Knitting Blog by Mr Puffy the Dog said...

Your stitches are so neat and pretty! Wow - you have made such a lot of progress already - nice going! Cute cute hat.

Sam said...

I'm excited to see your progress on the Surplice Bodice Camisole - this one's on my list also!

a friend to knit with said...

that cami is going to be finished in NO time!
it looks great denise!
and that hat is too cute. i want to make one sometime soon.

Amanda said...

Gosh! You're really speeding ahead with this knit aren't you. And you've been a good girl about the gauge (I'm less than fastidious about mine!). It's looking great and I love the cap too.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

wow! you're really moving along!

The hat looks really cute!

Windy Knitty said...

You are really making quick progress--can't wait to see how it turns out! This pattern is on my ever-growing to knit list, too:)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Ann said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. The Pi Shawl is the big round thing from Elizabeth Zimmermann- check ravelry for some of the lovely pics of this shawl especially the one knitted by brooklyntweed - it's gorgeous. Your camisole is knitting up really fast & I have been eyeing that book for a while.

Knitterella said...

Your camisole is looking great. I really like that pattern. Looking forward to seeing yours complete!

Love the hat. So cute!

~Kacy~ said...

(((AHH)))) I just wrote this long comment and lost it. So just letting you know I stopped back and am back in blogland. Your work is gorgeous.

Take care!
Loving Thoughts,
Kacy

Mezik said...

See HERE

Katie said...

OMG!! love this hat! love it! all your projects are inspiring!