And as you can see, I've made good progress! I got the back finished by Saturday morning, and by Sunday night I had completed the left and right front, and picked up the stitches around the neck and armholes.
I now have to pick up stitches from the bottom cast on edge to start the lace pattern. The pattern says to do this in two parts, back then front - but I think I will pick up and knit in the round (as someone suggested they would do on Ravelry, if they knit this again) to eliminate any side seams. At this rate, I might have this finished by the weekend :-)
Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you what my mystery photo was! Peaknit was right, it's a hat - staying on the 'band wagon' I had to try out Si Capitan just to see how it would turn out! I'm not much of a hat wearer so I doubt I will be wearing this, but Kristen looked kinda cute in it. If I knit this again I think I'd make the brim a little shorter for her, and use nicer yarn (this was just a test with some Lion Brand acrylic I had in stash!).