Thursday, February 21, 2008

It feels like Christmas!

It's arrived - my very first 'online' order! The other week I received a Knit Picks catalog in the mail. One of the things that caught my eye was the Surplus Bodice Camisole from the Knitting Lingerie book. I've seen this before and really like it. Then I did a search on Ravelry and looked at everyone else's and liked it even more. I decided that it was time to knit something for .... ME!


The yarn they recommend at Knit Picks was 'Main Line' (75% pima cotton, 25% merino wool). I chose a neutral color called Butter Pecan.

The top picture actually shows the more true color (below looks a little greenish (on my monitor anyway!). Now I just need to wait for the book that I ordered from Amazon! Knit Picks had it for the same price but I had a voucher to use at Amazon so I got it from there. Only prob is I opted for free shipping (7 days ago) . . . . . . and I'm still waiting!

I can't wait to get started though so I've already started a swatch to check my gauge :-) I also ordered some Shine Worsted, and the other stuff is some wool and DK just to top up my order so I could get free shipping.



Hmmm! And what could this be? Better get it finised before my book arrives!!

7 comments:

Chronic Ennui said...

I love the color you chose. I'm sure it will be very pretty on you! Aren't packages in the mail the best?

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Great choice. I'm currently mulling over what I should knit for Summer. I find a package received in the mail feels like a present even if I bought it for myself!

peaknits said...

What a beautiful camisole - love it! The yarn will be a perfect choice too! I bet that might be a hat??

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn!! I really like KP yarns. I got an email from Elann.com today...they have yarn on sale!! Yikes! :)

Annie said...

Oooh Denise, I like that camisole! I'll have to go check it out on Ravelry too. Good luck!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

hurray for yarn in the mail! It's going to look great!

a friend to knit with said...

what a fantastic mail day!
yarn!!!!!
i love that top! super cute.